Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Elijah has yet another injury...




This one is from this morning-it really swelled up!

Last night we were outside playing because it was beautiful out-almost 70 degrees! Elijah and Seth were swinging, Elijah on the big boy swing and Seth in the toddler swing. I was pushing Elijah, and I don't know if he let go of the swing or what, but he fell off and hit his face on the wood board at the base of the swingset-right underneath his eye. It was black and blue right away, and he had a small cut. Within 2 minutes it swelled up quite a bit. I gave him some tylenol before bed, and he actually slept all night. The next morning it was REALLY swollen, so he and I stayed home. I was worried about him falling at daycare, or someone else hitting him. We dropped Seth off at daycare this morning, and showed Kim Elijah's face. I think she was glad he was staying home-I'm sure it would be hard to keep him from bumping it all day with lots of other kids around. So far we've watched Wall-E, had some oatmeal, and snuggled. He wanted to wear his jammies today, so we'll see if we end up with clothes on before the end of the day. It's supposed to be a rainy day, so perfect day for jammies all day. Hopefully he'll stay relatively calm for the rest of the day. We'll see what happens when Seth comes home...

No comments: