Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Elijah's Weekend With Mommy

Elijah and I having a snack before Zac Brown Band
Elijah with Zac Brown Band in the background
Elijah at the water park
On Friday, Elijah and I met up with two of my Guard Band friends, Cherie and DeAnn, to see the Zac Brown Band at the Red River Valley Fair in Fargo. Elijah was super excited to hear Zac Brown Band, and kept asking all day when we were going. (He knows all the songs on the CD, knows the song just after the first couple seconds of the intro, and can tell you which song comes next on the CD before it even starts-oh and he knows ALL the words to Chicken Fried) He sang along to the songs he knew, but unfortunately they only played 3-4 songs that he knew before he fell asleep at 11:00. Any time they played a song that wasn't from their CD he would tell me that they should play Mary-one of his favorite songs. Wish I would've been able to help him out... He slept the entire walk back to the car, and then woke up as soon as I put him in his seat and proceeded to chat with DeAnn who was sitting in the backseat with him. We got back to the hotel about 11:45, and then had some pizza. Elijah ate half a bread stick and an entire piece of pizza-all around midnight! His little nap must've given him a huge second wind, because he was talking and eating later than DeAnn and Cherie! He did finally go to bed at 12:30, and slept in until 9:00 (yay).
On Saturday Elijah and I met up with Teri (another Guard friend) and her son Alex at the Canad Inn Water Park. Elijah was really brave today, and went down the kiddie slide all by himself! I had to go down with him the first couple times, but then when he walked up to the slide I stayed in the pool, and he didn't realize it until he was getting on the slide. He decided to give it a try alone, and as soon as he went down the slide he said he wanted to do it again. He went down close to 20 times before I got him to do sometime else. We went on the lazy river, sat in the hot tub, shot a few baskets, and even went down the slides by the big bucket that tips over. He hated being on the stairs when the bucket tipped, and would freak each time, but he still wanted to go down that slide. Silly boy. It was a fun time!

No comments: