Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Visiting Great Great Grandpa & Grandma

Now that we're on summer vacation, we have a lot more time to go visiting. After Grandpa's fall and stay in the hospital, Elijah thought that Grandma and Grandpa lived in the hospital, so I thought it was time to make a trip to Lakota to visit them. Seth is pretty crazy about his Grandma Dougherty, and doesn't need a lot of time to warm up to her like he does other people. He even walked with her to check the mail, and held her hand! I wish I would've had my camera then! For those of you who don't know, Seth Robert was named for his Great Great Grandpa Dougherty, or Bob.
A little story because I thought it was funny-after we left Grandma & Grandpa D's house, we stopped at Grandma Mary's house because it's kind of on the way home (minus a 12 mile drive south) and she had made supper for us. I asked Elijah if he wanted to go to Grandma Mary's house, and he said "yep, but how many days are you coming back to pick us up?" I thought it was cute-the boys stay there when Chris and I both drill the same weekend, so now Elijah thinks if we go there I need to leave and he needs to stay for a night or two.

The boys checking out Grandma's watch-it makes lots of cool sounds!
Elijah with Grandpa
Seth was giving Grandma kisses and counting the buttons on her shirt.
The boys with Grandpa.

No comments: