Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Friday, October 23, 2009

Trip to GF

Since it's a four day weekend, and I had errands to run in GF we figured we got Friday so we wouldn't have to deal with the Saturday craziness. We got to GF around 10:00 and started out at Wal-Mart. Seth had a blast looking at all the pumpkins-he is obsessed with them! Elijah knows that I'm not a fan of Wal-Mart, so the while there he kept saying "We don't like Wal-Mart, do we Mom." Kind of embarrassing when he says it near Wal-Mart employees, but what can I say-I'm teaching the kid well. :) We stopped in the toy section so the boys could get some ideas for their Christmas list, and ended up by all the Thomas the Tank Engine stuff. Whenever we go shopping, Elijah sits in the front of the cart and Seth in the basket. Seth must have saw something he wanted, because all of a sudden he stood up and then was falling on the floor head first! Elijah has never fallen out of the cart and is the accident prone one, so this was a shock. Seth cried for a little while, but seemed to be ok. Next we went to Target to find Elijah some snowpants and boots because Wal-Mart didn't have much of anything. I picked out one of those carts with the "big kid" seats and strapped them both in so that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone falling out. It was a pretty quick trip with no problems from the boys. Then we went to Old Navy, and not thinking I put Elijah in the front and Seth in the basket. Seth stayed seated until the very end of the trip. Right as we were getting ready to head up to the check outs, Seth decides to stand up, and is all of a sudden falling head first on to the concrete floor. Twice in one day-really??? You'd think either Seth or I would've learned from the first fall, but I guess not! After Old Navy, we headed to get the car washed. Both boys HATE car washes, and are terrified of them. Seth fell asleep while we were waiting in line, and I figured the wash would wake him up and scare him, but he actually slept through it all! While we had been waiting for the wash, Elijah and I spotted the pumpkin patch across the street at the lumberyard, so we headed over there after our car wash. Seth was still sleeping, so we parked right next to the patch and Elijah and I went and played. Our friend Megan came out and met us there.



Elijah got tired of playing there after about 45 minutes, so I woke up Seth because I knew he'd want to see the pumpkins. The two of them ran around for 30 minutes and had a blast.
It was sunny and 50 out, so we decided to head to Sertoma Park. We'd never been there before-it's a nice play area!

Elijah had been asking to go to Paradiso all day-pretty much since we got to GF at 10am, so we decided to head there for supper after an hour at the park and a quick trip to Sam's. The boys split a quesadilla-very exciting because they always choose chicken and fries. Megan suggested it to Elijah and he ordered it. I was a little worried that they wouldn't eat anything but chips, but Seth ate all of his half right away, and Elijah ate 2 of his 3 pieces, so not bad. Daddy is gone for the weekend (he has drill) so he met up with us for lunch and supper-nice to spend a little time with him!

No comments: