Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Still at home...

Since Elijah is such a nice big brother and shared his cold with Seth, we are staying home today. Seth has had a cold since Friday, but it has been worse yesterday and today. He has been coughing a lot, has a little bit of a runny nose, is sleeping a lot, and is eating about half of what he normally does. On top of that, sometimes when he coughs he throws up. He is also running a slight fever (99.9) though it's lower than it was last night. Even though he hasn't been feeling well, he's been sleeping great at night-last night he was in bed around 11:00, woke up at 3:30 to eat, throw up, then eat again, and then slept from 4:15 until 8:30. He's been napping off and on today, and has eaten more so far today than he has in a while, but he's also thrown up a couple times. As long as he's feeling better, we are planning on heading to Fargo tomorrow morning. Chris will be meeting us sometime in the afternoon, so that will help too.

Elijah seems to be getting over his cold, and just coughs every now and then. I'm excited to take him to the state tournament because he really likes to watch basketball. I've taken him to about one game every week this year, and he'll watch the players run back and forth on the court. He even cheers the team on, whether it be us or them. During regular season games he usually ended up cheering for the other team, I'm thinking it's because he could see their fans clapping and would join in the fun. For tournaments it was so loud that he would just clap whenever he heard someone else clapping. It was pretty cute. He must have been really paying attention at the Regional Championship game (which we won!!) because the next day he was shooting free throws!! He would take his ball and using both hands dribble it-bounce it a few inches off the ground without taking his hands off it. Then he would stand up and throw the ball, with it usually going straight up in the air and then falling on his head. I'm hoping to get a video of it so I can show it to him when he gets older-hopefully his love for basketball will continue!


Here is a picture of Todd and Tracy with the boys at a basketball game. I work with Tracy at Central, and when we go to games we sit with her and her husband Todd. Elijah absolutely loves Todd, and I think Todd feels the same about Elijah. They are way too cute together. Elijah can even say Todd and Tracy, though I don't think he's said it in front of them yet... They came and visited us last weekend along with Todd's daughter Karly, and Elijah had a blast showing off all his toys and latest skills (to include falling on the floor over and over and over...).

No comments: