Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Seth's Four Month Appointment


Today's appointment confirmed what I've suspected all along-Seth is a peanut! At 4 months and 1 day old, Seth weighed in at a whopping 11lbs 12oz-the same exact weight that Elijah was at 2 months (and I thought Elijah was small!!!). Seth was 23 3/4" vs Elijah's 25". I finally started putting Seth in some of his 3-6 month clothes earlier this week-Elijah started wearing them at 3 months. I guess now I know why the 0-3 fit Seth so well-he's tiny!! He's still one of the most adorable babies on the planet (along with his big bro).
We also found out that poor Seth has an ear infection. He's been battling a cold for over a week now, and would periodically scream for no reason. Now it all makes sense, though he never ran a fever. I'm wishing I would've had Elijah with me (he was at the mall playing with his cousins) because I wonder if he has one too... Seth is on amoxicillin, and goes back on May 27 so if Elijah hasn't gotten over his cold by then I'll bring him in too. Seth hates the amoxicillin and spits it right back out. We mix it in his bottle, and he doesn't seem to mind that. Tonight he's running a fever from the shots, so I'm sure that combined with his ear feels pretty crappy!
After the doctor appointment, we went out to lunch at Burger King with Carrie, Gabriella, and Samara. Then we went to get my hair cut. Both boys were really good-Elijah sat on the floor and colored, and when he got tired of that he took off his socks and shoes and picked his toe fuzz. Seth ate his bottle and then fell asleep. Elijah even let Sandy put his socks and shoes on him while I got the diaper bag packed, and he gave her a hug!! Then we went to Target, where after about 20 minutes of shopping (I was almost done!!!), Elijah fell asleep. He had been so good all day that I figured I better let him nap or else I'd be asking for trouble. So I walked around Target for a while, looking at clothes and shoes for the boys. When I got tired of walking around, I went and sat in the snack bar until Elijah woke up. He was even in a good mood then!! Seth had gotten hungry by that point, and cried while we checked out and while I changed the boys' diapers. While I made his bottle, a lady in the restroom held him-she couldn't stand to see him cry! Usually strangers aren't allowed to hold my kids, but this was an older lady who was very nice, and probably was someone's Grandma. I also knew that if she tried to run, I could take her. :) After Target it was Wal-Mart, and both boys were good there too! What a perfect day!! Of course that changed on the way home and at home. Elijah was hungry and cried at the end of the ride, and then once home he and Daddy had some problems, which is usual. Seth was crabby too, but I think it was in part because he started running a fever. All in all, I still don't think I can complain!!

No comments: