Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Elijah Voted!
Today was Election Day, and Chris got home way later than I was planning. Being that this is indeed an extremely important and historical election, I figured it would probably be a good time to cast my first vote ever. I told Elijah he needed to eat his pancakes (for supper) really fast because we needed to go vote. He actually ate them really fast, and even said we needed to go vote several times while eating. I was pretty apprehensive about taking two small children to vote, especially since I figured it would be insanely busy, but it was actually a pleasant experience! We got to the court house, and had the ballot within 5 minutes of getting there. Elijah kept saying that he wanted to vote-it was incredibly adorable. He was pretty upset when I was handed a ballot and he was not, but he still followed me to a table. He pulled out a chair and sat down, then reached out for a pen and my ballot. I grabbed the ballot from him which really ticked him off (to the point of letting out a little scream) but luckily there was a voting bookmark or something nearby so I grabbed that for him and told him to write down his vote. He wrote on his paper while I filled out the ballot-all the while saying "I vote, Mommy!" It was too cute-I wish I could've taken a picture of him! Seth just sat in the Baby Bjorn and looked around. When it was time to go, Elijah helped me put my ballot in the machine, and then walked out like a big boy. I asked him who he voted for, but he wouldn't tell me. Oh well, at least he voted. :O) Oh-and we left the house a little before 6:00 and got home around 6:30-not at all as long as I thought it would be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment