Being it's a four day weekend for Chris and I, we decided to take the boys and Destiny to the Cities. We left Saturday afternoon after Chris came back from hunting, and drove to Alexandria with only one quick stop for Mom-we left the boys in the car with Dad so we could get there faster. The last 45 minutes were a little hard because Seth decided he had had enough of the car and cried most of the way back, and got so upset that he puked twice all over himself. We stayed at the Motel USA in Alexandria, and the pool was FREEZING! The temperature in the pool room was 65 (I know because there was a thermometer in there) and the pool was even colder. The hot tub was a little warmer than the temperature of the boys' bathwater, so we hung out in there. The next day we went to Albertville, did a little shopping, then continued on to Bloomington.
On Monday the boys and I shopped while Chris and Destiny went on the rides at Nickelodeon Universe. Both boys were awesome shoppers, and even let me try on clothes at a few stores. I All afternoon I kept telling Elijah to take a nap in the stroller so that we could go see a movie, but he never went to sleep. That evening, Elijah and I went and saw Madagascar 2. We got some pop and popcorn, and Elijah sat in my lap and snuggled with me. It was great! About 20 minutes into the movie, I noticed that Elijah's hand had been sitting in the popcorn for quite a while, so I looked down and realized that he had fallen asleep. I didn't want to wake him up and have him be crabby for the rest of the movie or make him cry, so I let him sleep for another 45 minutes. After that I moved around a little to wake him up. He was upset at first, but then he watched the last half hour of the movie and ate a little more popcorn. Not quite the first movie experience that I was planning on him having, but at least we were able to stay for the whole movie. :)
Tuesday morning we went back to the mall for a little while so Chris could look at a few things, then we had lunch and started home. Thankfully the ride home was much better-Seth slept most of the way from Bloomington to Fargo, and only cried a little the last 20 miles or so. Chris drove back so I was able to calm him down, which I think helped a lot. Elijah was a trooper and was good until the last 10 miles before Grafton-I don't blame him for getting tired of the car at that point because I was too! All in all it was a good trip for bringing two little boys with, so no complaints from me! We plan on doing it again year for Veteran's days, and hopefully Elijah and Seth will be able to go on some rides with their Dad while Mom shops!



No comments:
Post a Comment