Saturday, December 13, 2008
Elijah and Mommy's Day Out!
Today Elijah and I spent all morning and afternoon together, and we had a blast! We left Grafton around 8:30 because there's a blizzard coming tonight and we wanted to make sure we left Grand Forks as soon as Winnie the Pooh was over. We went to Wal-Mart, Target, the mall, McDonald's for lunch, and then a quick stop at Party City to check on party stuff for Seth's first birthday next month. We had a blast shopping together-Elijah is the best shopping buddy you could ask for! We talked about some pretty random things, he helped me pick stuff out, and at the mall he even helped me push the stroller. I was a little bummed-he said he wanted to see Santa, but of course Santa wasn't there either time we walked by. I'm hoping to get the boys out to see Santa before Christmas, but I'm sure Elijah won't want to see him then just because he wanted to see him today

After all our errands, we headed over to the Alerus. Our seats were pretty good considering we bought the cheapest ones that you could get (prices started at $40 a ticket-no way was I paying that!!). We were in the front row of our section, and most of the people around us moved down to seats farther up, so we were pretty comfy and no one bothered us. I asked him if he wanted to move up-we could've gotten all the way down to the floor, but he was happy where we were. He was really excited every time a new character would come out, and would tell me who everyone was. He was pretty disappointed that Christopher Robin wasn't there, but everyone else was there so hopefully that made up for it. During intermission we went and got a pretzel (he really wanted popcorn but I wasn't paying $10 for a bucket of popcorn...). He really didn't care for the pretzel, and instead ate all the salt off of it and then gave me the unsalted pretzel to eat. 1:30 isn't the greatest time for a kids' show though-after intermission he started to get really tired which resulted in a cranky little boy who stopped listening to his mommy. We made it through the end though, and he walked down every single stair to get out of the Alerus..
On the way home he didn't even make it 10 minutes before falling asleep-he was out before the North Washington exit! All in all, it was a really fun day for both of us, and I hope that every month or so we can do a Mommy and Elijah outing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment