Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Seth's First Santa Visit

Seth has been making strange big time the past month or so, so I wasn't really sure how the whole sitting on Santa's lap would go. I refuse to be one of those moms who puts their screaming child on Santa's lap just so they can get a picture, so I was fully prepared to walk away picture-less. Luckily, Seth was content to sit on Santa's lap long enough to get 6 different shots. None were fantastic, but they did the trick. After the last shot he decided he had enough and started squirming and whining, so I went and rescued Santa and was later glad I did-the poor guy had to sit with a screaming child on his lap while mom tried and tried to get just the perfect shot. Ugh.
Elijah was a different story. The day we saw Winnie the Pooh we stopped and waved to Santa, but that was as close as he would get. The next two times we were at the mall, Elijah asked to see Santa, and of course Santa wasn't there. Today while we waited in line he was so excited to see Santa that he kept trying to budge in line. Once we got up to Santa he wanted nothing to do with him (of course). Santa was awesome though, and asked if he could get a five and knuckles. Elijah was okay with that. I thought maybe Elijah could at least stand next to Santa, but no way! He freaked out every time I asked. But fives and knuckles-not a problem. In fact while I waited to pick out Seth's picture, Elijah ran up and down the ramp and gave Santa fives and knuckles several times, but got upset every time I asked if he could stand by Santa. Oh well, there's always next year...
I'll put the Santa pic up later when I have time to scan it in.
Oh yeah-Elijah, Seth, and I got to hang out with my best friend from high school-Jenni! Elijah absolutely loved her, and talked to her instead of me. Every time we got to a traffic light, he would stay "tell me when it's green Jenni!" This is something usually reserved for Mommy, so he must think she's pretty special. He was bummed when we dropped her off at her mom's house-too cute! Jenni was a great sport and hung out with us while we did our shopping today-not an easy task! Mom's friend Megan often shops with us too-we're lucky to have such great friends to help us out!

No comments: