Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers blog counter

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Boys Survived a Week Without Mom

I left on Sunday night for my week of AT and came home today around 3:00. I feel like the boys grew a ton while I was gone-both seem so much bigger!! While I was gone, Elijah seems to have learned how to speak in short sentences much more frequently. Seth is moving himself up to a sitting position a lot more, and has gotten his first tooth-on his bottom left side.
The boys decided to tease Dad, and both slept through the night on Sunday night. That was the end of that, and between the two of them, one woke up every other night that I was gone.
I got to talk to Elijah on the phone a couple times, and he actually talked back a little! When I pulled into the driveway, I was talking to Chris on the phone, and Elijah was up on the couch looking out the window. As soon as he saw me, Elijah kept saying "Mom" over and over. I walked in the door and got a big hug from Elijah and Seth put his arms out to me-that was nice!! Hopefully both boys sleep through the night now that Mommy's home...
Oh-and last Friday was the boys' last day of daycare at Melissa's house. We'll miss her, and wish her the best in her new career.

No comments: