Elijah has a thing for chapstick-if he sees it he has to put it on. He knows that I keep mine on my dresser, so at least once a day he goes in my room, stands on his tippy-toes, and grabs the chapstick. Today for some reason I took off my rings and earrings shortly after getting home from work and put them on my dresser. At some point in time Elijah must have decided he needed some chapstick because when I looked on my dresses a little later, two of my rings and one of my earrings were gone-my wedding ring and my Mother's ring for Seth and one of my hoop earrings. The one for Elijah was sitting right there on the dresser-go figure he loses Seth's and not his. The weird thing is that when I take my Mother's rings off I leave them stacked, so I thought they both should've went missing. Same with my earrings-I set them right next to each other. I kept asking Elijah where my rings were, and every time he'd tell me they were in my room. I was getting mad, and told him he had to stay out of my room.
I looked around for my rings all night, and was really starting to freak out. I looked under everything on top of the dresser, in the dresser drawers, and under the dresser, bed, and chest in my room. I even walked through the house to see if maybe he knocked the rings on the floor and one of the cats took them. Chris had been working outside painting, and finally came in after Elijah went to bed and it was dark. He looked all around for my rings too. I decided to look through the drawers of my jewelry box just for the heck of it, and sitting right there in the second to last jewelry box drawer were my rings and earring... Guess he decided they needed to be put away. This one's a lesson for mom-put the jewelry away or someone else will!



No comments:
Post a Comment